Volvo T6 Roadster

• Thread starter Vonie
  • 20 comments
thevonsteinery
001__scaled_600.jpg

004__scaled_600.jpg

006__scaled_600_006.jpg

I don't like the whole idea of manufacturers making custom hot-rods, but it doesn't look that bad. It has the inline-6 form the S80/XC90, pumped to about 330 hp.

Article

This earns my daily wtf award. Definitley not what anyone would expect from Volvo.

And yes, this does bear a striking resemblance to the Plymouth Prowler. And that's not a good thing.

No it doesn't. The Prowler was based on a modern interpretation of hot rod design. It had lots of detail and flourishes compared to this... this one looks a little plain. This one only looks like the Prowler in the sense that an NSX looks like a Ferrari, or a BMW 5 series looks like a Merc S-Class.

Don't like it too much, though... needs more detail.

I've seen that when I was at a car show, 2003 or 4 if I remember correct. They drove the car...it's a badass car 👍

To me all hot-rods look the same, so saying that one looks like another is like saying that this apple looks like that apple.

Looking at the 2 together makes it obvious that the Volvo is not a road car, too.

ok, i can understand volvo are trying something different (but definelty not new) but someone tell me, what's the point? no one will buy it.

el flexo
ok, i can understand volvo are trying something different (but definelty not new) but someone tell me, what's the point? no one will buy it.
They don't care, it's not for sale, it's not a production car, it never will be, it's not even road legal. It's meerly a concept for people to see and say hey thats a Volvo, that different and new for them, and all of a sudden people are talking about Volvo like we all are now, so it's worked.

Yes I think 'wtf' suits it perfectly.

Even if it wasn't a one off I doubt Volvo would ever go anyway near it. It would hardly be a suitable platform for a 'safe' car I'd imagine. I mean they never produced the 480 convertible even after all the investment that went into it.

Well then, I guess you'd be happy to hear that Volvo is planning another, called the V8 Speedster. With, you guessed it, a V8. But not just any V8...well I guess it is just another V8.

Article, about halfway down.

uhm i thought it was made by leif tufvesson not volvo, i remember seeing this in custom car mag about a year ago took em bloody long enough to recognise his efforts :banghead:

Back